Task Force 155 HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headquarters for Task Force 155.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Internet Connection and KDR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Big_Ern_20

Internet Connection and KDR Empty
PostSubject: Internet Connection and KDR   Internet Connection and KDR EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 3:05 pm

How big of an effect does your internet connection have on your gameplay? I was just wondering because for the last 3 years I've been using this new internet provider in my area. They have crappy service, but it was cheap, only about 20 bucks a month. The thing is I was getting really good upload and download speeds, but my ping was off the charts.

Last week I finally had enough and switched to the best internet provider in my area. Im paying almost $60 a month for my connection now, with slower upload and download speeds but now my ping is very low and my line quality always tests at an A (before it never tested above a D). I had always had 2 maybe 3 bars when playing, Now I have 3-4. Heck I was even host of a game last night, and Call of Duty has never been easier!!!

Before my KDR was around a 1.03 with my terrible connection, but since I've upgraded I'm probably closer to a 2 or 2.5

In my opinion, connection is a HUGE factor in call of duty games. Especially if you have a really bad connection. What are your thoughts about connection and your COD performance???
Back to top Go down
bluesky6789
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connection and KDR   Internet Connection and KDR EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 4:41 pm

I think that because COD is so fast-paced, internet plays a huge role. Woody has a lot to say about this haha. But sometimes with a bad internet connection, your bullets won't register and such. And sometimes you'll see someone, but by the time you shoot they've already killed you on their screen. So it plays a large role. And many a time have I seen people shoot at where someone was a moment ago and get turned on because they're seeing a screen that is lagging by a few seconds. A good internet connection is almost essential for GB.
Back to top Go down
https://taskforce155.forummotion.com
ManicRipper

ManicRipper

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connection and KDR   Internet Connection and KDR EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 4:56 pm

As you may know, my connection id horrific.

Mainly due my parents finding the sh!ttiest and cheapest provider mixed with the fact my area has a very low maximum speed.

I never get to host, I have only got a 4 bar connection in ranked games around 20 times in the 8 days of online.
My typical game of TDM is 20-25 kills 8-15 deaths, However when I played round my friends house it was closer to 24-28 kills and 6-12 deaths. Not a huge difference but a noticeable one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connection and KDR   Internet Connection and KDR Empty

Back to top Go down

Internet Connection and KDR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Task Force 155 HQ :: Delta :: Lounge-
Jump to: